Top 5 ways Mason graduates got their jobs
|1.||Internships turned into a permanent position|
|2.||Job search websites (LinkedIn, Indeed, Idealist, etc.)|
|3.||Informal networking (friends, family, co-worker, alumni, word-of-mouth)|
|4.||Company or organization's own website|
|5.||Formal networking events (career fair, workshop, employer event, club or organization event)|
Use Handshake to find jobs and internships
Handshake is Mason’s job search platform for on-campus, part-time, work-study, internship, and full-time jobs. You can find thousands of opportunities in Handshake at any time.
- Find opportunities with on-campus employers, startups, Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and more.
- Once your profile is complete, Handshake will show you internships and jobs that match your major, interests, and skills.
- Employers message students with event invites, interview requests, and other opportunities.
Get started now
Search, save, and apply for jobs in Handshake
Apply for positions with upcoming interviews
Using Handshake to find On-Campus Interviews
- Log in to Handshake
- Go to "Jobs"
- Select “All filters”
- Under “Job Type” select “Interviewing on Campus” to view schedules and apply!
- Interview dates are prescheduled. You will be able to sign up for an interview immediately or you will be notified soon after applying if you have been selected.
- Interviews take place on the Fairfax campus or virtually. You will save time and money not having to travel to the employer's office location to interview.
- Employers who make the effort to come to campus to interview love hiring Mason students and alumni!
More ways to find jobs and internships
- Make connections to create your own Career Advisory Board
- Use job search sites specific to your career field
- Attend career fairs and employer events
- Get advice from Interstride on finding an international job:
- Log into Interstride with your Mason email address and Net ID.
- Select the "Jobs" tab.
- Select the "Country Insights" tab.
- Search for and select a specific country in the list to access resources.
Beware of job scams
- Identifying and Avoiding Fraudulent Jobs / Employers (PDF)
- Examples of fraudulent job offers received as phishing email (PDF)
- Learn about known phishing attempts at Mason