Top 5 ways Mason graduates got their jobs
|1.||Internships turned into a permanent position|
|2.||Job search websites (LinkedIn, Indeed, Idealist, etc.)|
|3.||Informal networking (friends, family, co-worker, alumni, word-of-mouth)|
|4.||Company or organization's own website|
|5.||Formal networking events (career fair, workshop, employer event, club or organization event)|
Use Handshake to find jobs and internships
Handshake is Mason’s job search platform for on-campus, part-time, work-study, internship, and full-time jobs. You can find thousands of opportunities in Handshake at any time.
- Find opportunities with on-campus employers, startups, Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and more.
- Once your profile is complete, Handshake will show you internships and jobs that match your major, interests, and skills.
- Employers message students with event invites, interview requests, and other opportunities.
Get started now
Search, save, and apply for jobs in Handshake
Apply for positions with upcoming interviews
More ways to find jobs and internships
- Join your peers in student organizations related to your career field
- Ask your professors about job or internship opportunities
- Connect with Mason alumni who share your career interests and have a career conversation with them
2. Use job search sites specific to your career field
3. Attend career fairs and employer events
4. Get advice from Passport Career on finding an international job:
- Select "Register Now!" in the upper right corner of the home page
- Enter Registration Key: gmuniver
Beware of job scams
- Identifying and Avoiding Fraudulent Jobs / Employers (PDF)
- Examples of fraudulent job offers received as phishing email (PDF)
- Learn about known phishing attempts at Mason