How to make an appointment
Making an appointment with University Career Services is easy. Students and recent graduates can log in to Handshake to request an appointment.
Steps to request an appointment through Handshake
- Log in to Handshake with your NetID and password
- Click on "Career Center" in the top right of the page
- Select the “Schedule a New Appointment” button
- Choose an appointment type and time that works best for you
If you are unable to log in to Handshake, call us at 703-993-2370.
What to talk about in an appointment?
- Choosing a major or career
- Finding an internship
- Searching for a job
- Preparing for graduate school
- Preparing for an interview
- Salary negotiation
- Identifying employers committed to diversity and inclusion
- Any other career-related questions you have
When are appointments available?
- Monday through Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
- Sunday through Thursday, 7 - 11 pm
Need to get a resume or cover letter reviewed?
No need to make an appointment for that!
To have your resume or cover letter reviewed, just email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a link to the job or program description. A Peer Career Advisor will review your document and provide feedback by email within two business days.
Please let us know if you need accommodations by contacting us at 703-993-2370 or email@example.com. We will either make the necessary arrangements or direct you to the best office for support in making the accommodations.
Missing an appointment without providing University Career Services sufficient notice prevents other Mason students and alumni from meeting with us at that time. You can cancel or reschedule your appointment through Handshake or by contacting us at 703-993-2370.